Seminar by Matthias Ruf

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Mar 9 09:34:28 CET 2015

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Matthias Ruf

Title: Interfacial energies on stochastic lattices.

Abstract: We present some results on the variational limit of discrete
interfacial energies defined on scaled disordered lattices. Under
suitable geometric constraints, every Gamma-limit (as the lattice
spacing tends to zero) can be represented as a surface integral. If the
lattice is given by a random stationary point process we prove a
stochastic homogenization result. The results are joint work with
Roberto Alicandro and Marco Cicalese.

Venue: SISSA, Wednesday 11 March at 11:00 in lecture room 005 (ground floor)