Today's seminar: G. Martelloni cancelled and replaced

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Tue Mar 3 09:18:59 CET 2015

PLEASE NOTE:

CANCELLED SEMINAR BY G. MARTELLONI AND REPLACED BY:

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 3 March  -   11:00 hrs.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room -  ICTP Leonardo Building - 1st floor

Erik TONNI     ( SISSA )

"Aspects of entanglement of/between  disjoint regions in CFT and holography"

Abstract

Mutual information and logarithmic negativity are important quantities to understand entanglement in pure and mixed states. In quantum field theories they are computed by employing a method based on the replica limit. We present a numerical method to compute the holographic mutual information in AdS4 for generic shapes and another numerical method to address the replica limit that turns out to be useful whenever the replica limit is not known analytically, like for the entanglement entropy of disjoint intervals in 2D CFTs. We also discuss the logarithmic negativity at finite temperature in 2D CFTs.