ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday, 3 June MOVED UP at 11:30

Margherita Di Giovannantonio mdgiovan at ictp.it
Tue Jun 2 14:23:09 CEST 2015

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2015

Wednesday, 3 June, at 11:30 hrs.

Vaughn Climenhaga  (University of Houston, USA)

Title:  Effective hyperbolicity and SRB measures

Abstract: We describe a notion of "effective hyperbolicity" that can be
used to prove Hadamard-Perron theorems and establish existence of SRB
measures for non-uniformly hyperbolic systems, even in the absence of
the usual tools such as a dominated splitting or countable Markov structure.

Venue:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)