ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Friday 10 July at 14:00

Margherita Di Giovannantonio mdgiovan at ictp.it
Fri Jul 3 11:00:26 CEST 2015

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2015

Friday, 10 June, at 14:00 hrs.

Augustin Banyaga (Pennsylvania State University, USA)

Title: Topics in Symplectic Geometry,  Riemannian Geometry and Rational
Homotopy Theory

Abstract:
This talk is intended to a general audience. Symplectic geometry is at
the crossroad of Riemannian geometry, Complex Analysis and Rational
Homotopy theory. We briefly review the basic notions  and show  the
links between these subjects. Then we outline some problems we
(A.Banyaga, J.B. Gatsinzi, and F. Massamba) are working on, concerning
the path from symplectic structures to Kaehler structures, and the link
to the notion of formality in Rational Homotopy theory.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)