prof. Sadel's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Feb 23 12:48:29 CET 2015

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Christian Sadel, Institute of Sience and Technology, Klosterneuburg,
Austria <http://www.ist.ac.at>

Monday the 9th of March at 10.00 am room 136

Title: Absolutely continuous spectrum for the Anderson model on discrete
graphs

Abstract: The Anderson model is a random Schrödinger operator with
independent identically distributed potential. Even though Anderson
localization (pure point spectrum) was the surprise from a physics point
of view, the appearance of Anderson delocalization, i.e. absolutely
continuous spectrum for such a random operator, seems mathematically
harder to be understood.
In high dimensions (d>2) and at low disorder the existence of absolutely
continuous spectrum is expected. But only on certain graphs such a
result can be rigorously proved, most of them having an infinite
dimensional growth in a repeating pattern, such as the Bethe lattice.
After some introduction I will talk about the development in recent
years were the list of such graphs has been increased. In particular I
will also talk about my recent work on antitrees giving the first
example of a class of models where a transition from localization to
delocalization happens at the critical 2 dimensional growth rate.