prof. Fantechi's seminar

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Dec 14 17:22:27 CET 2015

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Prof. Barbara Fantechi

Title:
"Simplicial commutative algebras"

Abstract:
We will discuss chapter 4 of Toen's notes. In particular we will
discuss the simplicial analogues of rings (i.e., affine schemes) and
modules (i.e. quasicoherent shaves on them), that is the simplicial
model category sComm of simplicial algebras and, for a given
simplicial algebra A, that of its simplicial modules sA-Mod.
Of particular interest is the simplicial analogue of the Kaehler
differentials/cotangent sheaf, the oldest example of derived geometry
appearing in classical algebraic geometry.

Venue: SISSA, Thursday 17 December at 4 pm in lecture room 134