forthcoming VMPD2015 seminars

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Apr 27 14:33:05 CEST 2015

Dear all,

please be informed that the following seminars have been *CANCELLED*:

*Nayam  Al-hassem *
(University of N'djamena)
April 28, 11:00-12:00
SISSA, room 005
A Γ-type estimate for the one-dimensional Allen-Cahn’s action

*Giovanni B. Maggiani *
(Università di Pavia)
May 7, 11:00-12:00
SISSA, room 005
Dynamic evolution of a perfectly plastic plate derived by an asymptotic
analysis.

A new seminar has been *ADDED* to the schedule:

*Igor Velcic*
(University of Zagreb)
May 5, 11:00-12:00
SISSA, room 005
Non-periodic homogenization and dimensional reduction in non-linear
elasticity in small strain regimes on the example of bending rod

Abstract: We will discuss the derivation of the rod model in the bending
regime by simultaneous homogenization and dimensional reduction without
periodicity assumption. We show kind of stability result for the
equations, i.e., in the limit we always obtain quadratic energy density
in the standard strain  for this regime. This kind of stability is not
valid for the plate equations in the bending regime, while it is valid
for the plate equations in more linear regime (von Karman). The approach
requires slight variation of standard Gamma convergence techniques as
well as the standard dimension reduction techniques based on the theorem
on geometric rigidity.