ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 23 April at 16:30

Margherita Di Giovannantonio mdgiovan at ictp.it
Fri Apr 17 11:28:54 CEST 2015

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2015

Thursday, 23 April, at 16:30 hrs.

Gleb Smirnov (SISSA)

Title: Monodromy groups of almost toric fibrations on the complex
projective space

Abstract:
I would like to talk about the topology of almost toric fibrations on
the complex projective plane. In particular, we consider the monodromy
problem for such fibrations. Surprisingly, this problem is reduced to
solving the celebrated Markov equation. We also shall briefly discuss a
connection between counting of Lagrangian curves and topology of almost
toric fibrations.

Venue:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)