Basic Notions Seminar at ICTP - Thursday 25 September 2014, at 16:30

Math Group math at ictp.it
Tue Sep 23 15:35:59 CEST 2014

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2014

Thursday, 25 September, at 16.30 hrs.

Fernando Rodriguez Villegas (ICTP)

Title: Impartial Games

Abstract:  An impartial game is a game in which two players, taking
turns, make a move allowed in the game, each having complete information
and where no chance is involved. The allowed moves, in any given state
in the game, are the same for both players. In normal play, a player
unable to move looses.

In this talk I will discuss the remarkable fact that all impartial games
are essentially the same.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)