seminar by dr. Fall at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Thu Sep 11 11:06:45 CEST 2014

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Mouhamed Moustapha Fall (AIMS, Senegal)

Title: "Overdetermined problems with fractional laplacian"

Abstarct: "I will discuss a result obtained recently fractional Serrin
problem:  overdetermined problems driven by  the fractional laplacian
with zero Dirichlet conditions and constant fractional order Neuman
boundary conditions. Our result states that on domains where  there is a
positive function which satisfies some fractional elliptic equation
and   satisfies both Dirichlet and Neuman conditions are balls.
  These problems arise when classifying  stationary sets of domain
dependent variational problems involving fractional Sobolev norms. The
result I will present is an extension of Serrin's result in 1971.
However, due to the nonlocal property of the fractional laplacian, no
connectedness is required in the classifications of such stationary
sets. The argument of our proof is based on constructing barriers and
the moving plane method in the nonlocal framework."

A joint wotk with Seven Jarohs.

Venue: Wednesday 17 September at 2:30 pm in lecture room 133