Talk by M. Logares

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Fri Oct 31 08:59:30 CET 2014

=========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
=========================

Dr Marina Logares (ICMAT, Madrid) will give a talk on

Hodge polynomials of the SL(2,C)-character variety of an elliptic curve with two marked points

on Tuesday, November 4th, at 2:30 pm in Room 134, SISSA Building A.

Abstract:  We compute Hodge polynomials for the moduli space of representations of an elliptic curve with two marked points into SL(2,C). When we fix the conjugacy classes of the representations around the marked points to be diagonal and such that the eigenvalues are of module one, the character variety is diffeomorphic to the moduli space of parabolic Higgs bundles for which the Betti numbers are known.  In that case we can recover some of the Hodge numbers of the character variety. Moreover, as a byproduct, we get some of the Hodge numbers of the moduli space of doubly periodic instantons. This is joint work with Vicente Muñoz.