ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Friday 3 October, at 15:00

Math Group math at ictp.it
Thu Oct 2 10:51:19 CEST 2014

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2014

Friday, 3 October, at 15:00 hrs.

Jeroen Lamb (Imperial College, London)

Title: Towards a bifurcation theory of random dynamical systems

Abstract:
A bifurcation theory for random dynamical systems (ie dynamical systems
with noise) is still only in its infancy. We discuss several recent
developments on the basis of the very simple example of a pitchfork
bifurcation in the presence of so-called additive noise. My presentation
will touch upon recent joint work with Mark Callaway, Martin Rasmussen,
Doan Thai Son and Christian Rodrigues.

Venue:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)