prof. Matias' seminar announcement

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Wed Nov 19 08:17:58 CET 2014

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Prof. José Matias

Title: A dimension reduction result in the framework of structured
deformations

Abstract: Structured deformations provide a model to non-classical
deformations of continua suitable for the description of deformations of
materials whose kinematics requires analysis at both the macroscopic and
microscopic levels. We present an integral representation result in the
BV setting departing from an initial energy which includes second order
derivatives. Based on this result we derive a model for thin structures
in the framework of structured formations of continua through
dimensional reduction techniques.
This is a joint work with Pedro Miguel Santos.

Venue: SISSA, lecture room 134 at 2 pm on Wednesday 10 December