NCG Seminar announcement

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Nov 17 15:06:11 CET 2014

NON COMMUTATIVE GEOMETRY SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Dr. Francesco D'Andrea (Univ. of Naples)

Modules over the noncommutative torus, elliptic curves and cochain
quantization

16:00, Friday 21 Nov 2014,
SISSA, room 136

The non-commutative torus is commonly described as a cocycle
quantization of the group (C^*-)algebra of the abelian group Z^2. In the
first part of the talk I will explain how, using the WBZ transform of
solid state physics, finitely generated projective modules over the
NC-torus can be interpreted as deformations of vector bundles on
elliptic curves by the action of a 2-cocycle, provided that the
deformation parameter of the NC-torus and the modular parameter of the
elliptic curve satisfy a non-trivial relation. I will then discuss the
relation between (formal) deformations of vector bundles on the torus
and cochain twists based on the Lie algebra of the 3-dimensional
Heisenberg group. Based on a joint work with G. Fiore and D. Franco.