AJS - Analysis Junior Seminars, at 14:00 in room 133 - SISSA

Math Group math at ictp.it
Wed Nov 5 09:36:25 CET 2014

AJS - Analysis Junior Seminars 2014-2015(SISSA)

November the 7th, at 14:00 in room 133

War Khadim Mbacke
(SISSA/ICTP)

A Frobenius theorem for continuous distribution in dimension three

Abstract:

We formulate a notion of asymptotic involutivity and show that it
implies  unique integrability of two-dimensional continuous
distributions in dimension three. This can be seen as a continuous
version of the Frobenius Theorem which says that a C^1 distribution is
integrable if and only if it is involutive.

Next seminar will be on November 14 by MARCO MORANDOTTI.

You can find the complete list of the AJS-seminars at:
www.math.sissa.it/content/ajs-analysis-junior-seminars-2014-2015

We recall that these seminars are intended to be an informal occasion
for the students to explain their research to the other students of the
Analysis sector, and thus the spirit is: "Ask everything to understand
everything".  No fear, we're just students like you!
Riccardo Cristoferi