MathLab seminar announcement: dr. Peng Chen

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Tue May 20 12:34:04 CEST 2014

MATHLAB SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Dr Peng Chen (EPFL)

Title: Reduced Basis Methods for Uncertainty Quantification Problems

Abstract. We develop and analyze several reduced basis (RB) algorithms
in solving some challenging uncertainty quantification (UQ) problems. In
particular, a weighted RB is proposed to deal with arbitrary probability
density function and a goal-oriented adaptive RB is developed to solve
failure probability evaluation problem. We provide a priori convergence
analysis of the proposed method and demonstrate its performance by
several numerical experiments with high dimensional and low regularity
properties.

Wednesday 4 June at 2:30 pm in lecture room 133 at SISSA