prof. Fonda's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon May 5 16:34:07 CEST 2014

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Thursday 15 May, at 14.30,  in room 005,  Prof. Alessandro Fonda of
Trieste University will give the following seminar:

Title: Periodic solutions of Hamiltonian systems: a generalization of
the Poincare' - Birkhoff Theorem

Abstract: I will propose some extensions to higher dimensions of the
Poincare' - Birkhoff Theorem for Poincare' time-maps of Hamiltonian
systems. I will then illustrate a couple of applications to the
existence and multiplicity of periodic solutions to pendulum-type
systems and weakly-coupled superlinear systems.