Geometry seminar announcement

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon May 5 09:11:38 CEST 2014

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

AG Running Seminar, Spectral Sequences series

Speaker: Luca Cesarano

Title: Introduction to spectral sequences II

Abstract: In the next seminar, we take a look to the general definition
of (co)homologically graded spectral sequences in an abelian category.
We then concentrate on one of the most useful costructions: the spectral
sequences naturally associated to double complexes. In this framework we
can explicitly describe connection homomorphisms, and we can find
important relations between the terms of spectral sequences and the
cohomology of the total complex. Finally, if time allows, we exhibit
some applications in homological algebra.

Venue: Tuesday 6 May at 4 pm in lecture room 136