"Particle Fever"

Colliders and Beyond smr2587 at ictp.it
Thu Jun 26 14:45:00 CEST 2014

Please note that as End of Workshop Special, a viewing of the film
"Particle Fever" will take place tomorrow, Friday 27 June 2014, starting
at 4:30 p.m. in the Main Lecture Hall.

Brief Synopsis:

PARTICLE FEVER

99 minutes

A film by Mark Levinson

Imagine being able to watch as Edison turned on the first light bulb, or
as Franklin received his first jolt of electricity?

PARTICLE FEVER gives audiences a front row seat to our generation's most
significant and inspiring scientific breakthrough as it happens. The
film follows six brilliant scientists during the launch of the Large
Hadron Collider, marking the start-up of the biggest and most expensive
experiment in the history of the planet.

10,000 scientists from over 100 countries join forces in pursuit of a
single goal: to recreate conditions that existed just moments after the
Big Bang and find the Higgs boson, potentially explaining the origin of
all matter. But our heroes confront an even bigger challenge: have we
reached our limit in understanding why we exist? PARTICLE FEVER is a
celebration of discovery, revealing the very human stories behind the
tale of this epic experiment.

"...a brilliant documentary about the teams who conceived, designed and
built the Large Hadron Collider near Geneva, particle physicists just
may be the new rock stars. -- The Telegraph UK

"Particle Fever is a visually compelling and human documentary holding
interest for everyone from the layman to the genius."

-- Squarespace.com

Laurels: WINNER,Audience Award, SHEFFIELD Doc Fest

http://www.rocofilms.com/press/Particle%20Fever/ParticleFever.html

ALL THOSE INTERESTED ARE MOST WELCOME!!

Rosanna Sain
Smr2587 - Workshop on "Frontiers of New Physics: Colliders and Beyond"
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera, 11
34151 Trieste (Italy)
Ph.:  +39 040 2240 231
Fax: +39 040 2240 7231