ICTP SPECIAL PUBLIC LECTURE - Monday 23 June, at 18:00

Math Group math at ictp.it
Wed Jun 18 10:11:19 CEST 2014

SPECIAL PUBLIC LECTURE
-----------------------

Monday, 23 June, at 18:00 hrs.

Valery V. Kozlov
(Moscow State University)

Title: On explicitly solvable ODE's

Abstract: We discuss the problem of integration of ODE systems by
quadratures. The main classical results on exact integration of general
nonlinear systems are the Euler-Jacobi theorem on the integrating factor
and the Lie theorem on the solvable algebra of symmetries.  We present a
general theory uniting these two approaches.

We generalize Darboux's classical results on the integrability of linear
non-autonomous systems with an incomplete set of particular solutions.
Special attention is paid to  linear Hamiltonian systems.

We also discuss the general problem of integrability of autonomous ODE
systems in an n-dimensional space which admit an algebra of symmetry
fields of dimension greater  than or equal to n.

Venue:  Main Lecture Hall(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)