prof. Sire's seminar

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Tue Jan 7 08:37:04 CET 2014

MATHEMATICS AREA SEMINAR

Yannick SIRE (LATP Marseille - CNRS UMR 6632) will hold a seminar on
January 15, at 15:00 in Lecture room 133 entitled:

``Non local phase transitions and a non local version of De Giorgi
conjecture''

Abstract: In the last decade, a lot of works has been devoted to PDEs
involving non local operators, in particular the fractional laplacian.
Here I will describe a fractional version of the Allen-Cahn equation,
modeling basic non local phase transitions. I will give some results on
a non local version of a famous conjecture by De Giorgi. I will also
describe its link with new minimal surfaces and the geometry of PDEs.

All those interested are most welcome to attend.