Joint ICTP/SISSA Seminar in Statistical and Condensed Matter Physics

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Wed Feb 19 08:43:19 CET 2014

JOINT ICTP/SISSA SEMINAR IN  STATISTICAL AND CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS

Tuesday, 25 February  - 11:30 a.m.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, ICTP Leonardo Building (1st floor)

Rosario FAZIO    (Scuola Normale Superiore & Istituto Nanoscienze - CNR, Pisa)

"Non-equilibrium dynamics of strongly correlated cold atomic systems"

Abstract

I will discuss few examples of out of equilibrium dynamics of trapped atomic systems.  I will first consider the breathing mode of an impurity coupled to a bath of interacting bosons. I will then proceed analyzing topological pumping in the extended Bose-Hubbard model.  If time allows I will briefly analyse the dynamics of colliding spin-polarized fermion clouds.