ICTP Mathematics Seminars - Prof. D.B. Zagier, 24 and 26 February

math math at ictp.it
Mon Feb 17 14:17:33 CET 2014

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2014

Monday, 24 February, 14:00 - 15:00

Don B. Zagier (Max Planck Institut fuer Mathematik, Bonn)

"Lines on the Dwork quintic"

VENUE: L. Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, ICTP Leonardo Building

                            * * *

Wednesday, 26 February, 14:00 - 15:45

Don B. Zagier (Max Planck Institut fuer Mathematik, Bonn)

"Higher rank zeta functions for curves over finite fields"

(This talk will consist of two parts:

    part I: 14:00 - 15:00

    break

    part II: 15:15 - 15:45

Part I should be widely accessible while part II will cover more of the
technical details.)

VENUE: L. Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, ICTP Leonardo Building