ICTP forthcoming Mathematics Seminars (7 and 11 February)

math math at ictp.it
Mon Feb 3 17:31:08 CET 2014

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2014

Friday, 7 February, at 14:00 hrs

Jorge Antezana

(Instituto Argentino de Matematica, Buenos Aires,
and Universidad de La Plata)

"Symmetric GAF in de Branges spaces"

Abstract:
Given an orthonormal basis {e_n} in a de Branges space (a certain
Hilbert space of entire functions), and i.i.d. random variables {a_n}
with real normal distribution N(0,1), we consider the Gaussian Analytic
Function:

F(z)=\sum_n a_n e_n(z).

In this talk, we will present some results on the distribution of the
real zeroes of F(z). It is natural that this random set contains
information about the underline Hilbert space. We will see that this
information is enough to characterize, up to some nice isomorphism, the
de Branges space. We will also show some partial results on the hole
probability. We will pay special attention to the Paley-Wiener space,
and the spaces associated to the Airy and Bessel functions, because
these three spaces also appear in point processes related to random
matrices.This talk is based on a joint work with  Jordi Marzo and
Jan-Fredrik Olsen.

VENUE: L. Stasi Seminar Room, First floor, ICTP Leonardo Building

Tuesday, 11 February, at 14:00 hrs

Leandro Vendramin
(Universidad de Buenos Aires)

"Nichols algebras and a combinatorial model for Schubert Calculus"

Abstract:
In 1995 Fomin and Kirillov proposed a combinatorial model for the
cohomology ring (ordinary or quantum) of the flag manifold. In this
talk we review the construction of Fomin and Kirillov and show how
this combinatorial model for Schubert calculus intersect with the
theory of (braided) Hopf algebras.

VENUE: L. Stasi Seminar Room, First floor, ICTP Leonardo Building