Colloquium talk by Prof. Valentino Tosatti

Fabio Perroni perroni at sissa.it
Fri Dec 12 09:17:07 CET 2014

SISSA MATHEMATICAL COLLOQUIUM

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 13:00, at SISSA main building, Room: A-005

Prof. Valentino Tosatti (Northwestern University) will talk on

"The Kaehler-Ricci flow and its singularities".

Abstract:  I will give an introduction to the study of Ricci flow on
compact Kaehler manifolds, and explain how its behavior reflects the
structure of the complex manifold. I will then describe a result (joint
with T.Collins) which gives a geometric description of the set where
finite-time singularities occur, answering a conjecture of
Feldman-Ilmanen-Knopf and Campana.

==

The Mathematical Colloquium is an important occasion to get together,
and  for scientific and cultural exchanges between professors,
researchers and students.
For this reason a Colloquium is an appointment which cannot be missed.
For the success of the initiative, everyone is warmly invited to
attend the seminar.

Best regards
Fabio Perroni

--