ICTP Mathematics Seminars - Monday 28 and Wednesday 30 April 2014

math math at ictp.it
Mon Apr 14 16:28:21 CEST 2014

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2014

Monday, 28 April, and Wednesday 30 April, at 14:00 hrs.

Ayesha Asloob Qureshi
(ICTP)

will give two lectures on

"Persistence and stability properties of powers of ideals "

Abstract:

The homological and algebraic behaviour of powers of an ideal has been a
subject of several research papers in recent years. In this series of
talks, first I will discuss the well known results about the stability
of the set of associated prime ideals and the depth function of powers
of an ideal in a Noetherian ring. Later, based on my joint work with
Jürgen Herzog and Takayuki Hibi, I will discuss the concept of strong
persistence property of powers of an ideal and polarization of Koszul
cycles and then use it to study the index of stability for the set of
associated prime ideals and the depth function of powers of an ideal.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor , ICTP Leonardo Building