SISSA Geometry Seminars - Talk by S. Wu

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Wed Apr 9 09:12:51 CEST 2014

=========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
=========================

Professor Siye Wu, University of Hong Kong, will give a talk on

Hitchin's equations over a non-orientable manifold

on Friday, April 11th, at 4 pm in Room 134, SISSA Building A.

ABSTRACT: We study Hitchin's equations and Higgs bundles over a non-orientable
manifold whose oriented cover is compact K"ahler. Using the involution induced
by the deck transformation, we show that Hitchin's moduli space
is Langrangian/complex with respect to the hyper-K"ahler structure on Hitchin's
moduli space associated to the oriented cover. We then establish a
Donaldson-Corlette type correspondence and relate Hitchin's moduli space to
representation varieties. This is a joint work with N.-K. Ho and G. Wilkin.

U. Bruzzo