Seminar @ DF - E. Gabrielli - Tuesday Oct 8th - Implications of the Higgs boson measurements at the LHC on theoretical ideas

Rosita rosita.glavina at ts.infn.it
Thu Oct 3 12:43:06 CEST 2013

We are pleased to announce the seminar @ DF UniTs:

-------------------------
Dr. E. Gabrielli

National Institute of Chemical Physics and Biophysics, Tallin (Estonia)
and
Dipartimento di Fisica - Università degli Studi di Trieste

"Implications of the Higgs boson measurements at the LHC on theoretical ideas"

Tuesday October 8th - 2.00 pm
Lecture Room A - Building F (University Campus)
via Valerio 2, 34127 - Trieste

ABSTRACT
I will briefly review the present status of the LHC measurements on the
recently discovered Higgs-like resonance. Then, I will analyze the
impact of these results on the most popular ideas beyond the standard
model, including scenarios with elementary Higgs bosons like
supersymmetry, composite Higgs bosons, Higgs impostors, and more exotic
scenarios with anomalous Higgs Yukawa couplings to fermions.