ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Friday 17 May 2013, at 15:00

Mabilo mabilok at ictp.it
Wed May 8 14:36:03 CEST 2013

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2013

Friday, 17 May, at 15.00 hrs.

Professor Siye Wu
(The University of Hong Kong)

"Quantisation of the cotangent bundle of Lie groups"

Abstract:
We consider a family of adapted complex structures on the cotangent
bundle of a Lie group and find the BKS pairing relating the
corresponding half-form quantisation. We show that the resulting bundle
of quantum Hilbert spaces over the space of polarisations is flat. The
vertical polarisation as a limit of complex polarisations yields the
coherent state transform (or the Segal-Bargmann-Hall transform). We show
that there is another limit of the complex polarisations that
corresponds to the Peter-Weyl theorem.
This is a joint work with W. Kirwin.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor , Leonardo Building