Mathematics Colloquium

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Fri Mar 29 09:18:37 CET 2013

COLLOQUIUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Prof. Franz Luef  (Berkeley)
Title: Operator algebras in time-frequency analysis

Abstract: In recent years operator algebras have found various
applications in time-frequency analysis. In this talk I am going to
discuss some of these developments. Concretely, I will present the
interpretation of Gabor frames in terms of noncommutative geometry  and
the equivalence of Feichtinger's conjecture on the  decomposition of
frames in Hilbert spaces with the Kadison-Singer  conjecture on the
extension of pure states.

Wednesday 17 April at 4 pm in lecture room 004