Seminar next Tuesday

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Wed Jan 9 11:24:46 CET 2013

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 15 January -   11:30 hrs.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room -   ICTP Leonardo Building - 1st floor

Ferenc IGLÓI   (Research Institute for Solid State Physics and Optics, Budapest)

"Corner contribution to  percolation cluster numbers"

Abstract

We study the number of clusters in 2d critical percolation, NΓ , which intersect a given subset of bonds, Γ. In the simplest case, when Γ is a simple closed curve, NΓ is related to the entanglement entropy of the critical diluted quantum Ising model, in which Γ represents the boundary between the subsystem and the environment. Due to corners in Γ there are universal logarithmic corrections to NΓ , which are calculated in the continuum limit through conformal invariance making use of the Cardy-Peschel formula. The exact formulae are confirmed by large scale Monte Carlo simulations. These results are extended to anisotropic percolation where they confirm a result of discrete holomorphicity.

I. A. Kovács, F. Iglói and J. Cardy, Phys. Rev. B 86, 214203 (2012), arXiv:1210.4671