Seminar - F. Chittaro - 27 February 2013 h. 3pm

Rosita Glavina Rosita.Glavina at ts.infn.it
Mon Feb 25 17:22:17 CET 2013

  ===========================

Title
Adiabatic Control of the Schrödinger Equation via Conical
Intersections of the Eigenvalues

Speaker
Francesca C. Chittaro
Universite du Sud Toulon-Var, France

Abstract
We present a constructive method to control the bilinear Schrödinger equations.
The method is based on adiabatic techniques and works if the spectrum
of the Hamiltonian admits eigenvalue intersections, and if the latter
are conical (as it happens generically). In this framework, we are
able to spread on several levels connected by conical intersections
a state initially concentrated in a single energy level. We provide
sharp estimates on the dependence of the error with respect to the
controllability time. Moreover, we identify some special curves in
the space of controls that improve the precision of the adiabatic
approximation, when passing through conical intersections, with
respect to classical adiabatic theory.

Venue
Department of Physics - University of Trieste
Strada Costiera 11, Room 204
Wednesday, February 27, 3 pm

believed to be clean.