talk by L. Cirio

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Wed Dec 11 15:56:59 CET 2013

Sorry, wrong subject...

=====================================
SISSA GEOMETRY & MATH PHYS  SEMINARS
=====================================

Dr. Lucio Cirio (Universität Münster) will give a talk on Friday, December 13,
at 2:30 pm in Room 136 (SISSA Building A)

Title: On the quantization and categorification of infinitesimal braidings

Abstract:

I will review infinitesimal braidings and their role in the
construction of the Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov connection and in
Drinfeld's quantization of Lie bialgebras.

Then I will introduce infinitesimal 2-braidings in linear symmetric
strict monoidal 2-categories, describing the associated
categorification of the 4-term relation and the corresponding
structure on Lie 2-algebras.

Finally, I will sketch how the related construction of a categorified
Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov connection is relevant for the study of quantum
2-groups.

Based on joint works with J.F. Martins.

%%%

U. Bruzzo