Fwd: CLIMRUN: I: CORDEX 2013, Brussels, 4th-7th November - Abstract submission deadline 15th April 2013

Henningsen hennings at ictp.it
Wed Apr 3 18:29:14 CEST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	CLIMRUN: I: CORDEX 2013, Brussels, 4th-7th November - Abstract
submission deadline 15th April 2013
Date: 	Wed, 3 Apr 2013 12:06:48 +0200
From: 	Orietta Casali <orietta.casali at enea.it>
To: 	<tutti at climrun.eu>

*CORDEX 2013: WCRP-IPCC-EU International Conference on Regional Climate*

The World Climate Research Programme (*WCRP*
<http://www.wcrp-climate.org/>), the European Commission (*EC*
<http://ec.europa.eu/index_en.htm>) and the Intergovernmental Panel on
Climate Change (*IPCC* <http://www.ipcc.ch/>) are proud to hold this
international conference on regional climate science.

*HIGH LEVEL SESSION AND STAKEHOLDER DIALOGUE *

The first day of the meeting will feature two important pre-conference
events.

*A High-Level Session *with the participation of the European
Commissioners for Research & Innovation *Máire Geoghegan-Quinn *and for
Climate Action *Connie Hedegaard *together with *Rajendra K. Pachauri*,
Chair of the IPCC where the key findings from the IPCC Working Group I
Contribution to the Fifth Assessment Report Climate Change 2013: The
Physical Science Basis will be presented by *Thomas Stocker *and *Qin
Dahe*, Co-Chairs of *IPCC Working Group I *
<https://www.ipcc-wg1.unibe.ch/index.html>

This will be followed by a *Stakeholder Dialogue *where high level
panellists will discuss how science-based regional climate information
can best serve the needs of regional decision-makers. This will be
featured by two keynote presentations conveyed by:

*Chris Field*, Co-Chair of*IPCC Working Group II *
<http://www.ipcc-wg2.gov/>

*Michel Jarraud*, Secretary-General of the *WMO *
<http://www.wmo.int/pages/index_en.html>

*REGIONAL CLIMATE CONFERENCE PROGRAM *

The second segment of the conference over the following three days is
organised around daily themes. Each day will consist of plenary
presentations followed by parallel and poster sessions. The poster
sessions will have their own dedicated time for viewing thus avoiding
overlap with plenary and parallel sessions.

*Daily Themes *

. Evaluation of *CORDEX * <http://wcrp-cordex.ipsl.jussieu.fr/>Regional
Downscaling Present Climate and Future Change

. Methodologies for Regional Downscaling

. Applications of Regional Climate Information

See the detailed program: *http://goo.gl/5pN9c*
<http://cordex2013.wcrp-climate.org/cordex2013_documents/ICRC2013_draft_agenda.pdf>**

*IMPORTANT DATES IN 2013*

15th April

Extended deadline for abstract submission and support applications

20th June

Notification to participants and applicants

20th August

Deadline for early bird registration

20th October

Deadline for online registration

For more information visit the website
http://cordex2013.wcrp-climate.org <http://cordex2013.wcrp-climate.org/>

*Eleanor O'Rourke*

Group Coordinator, Rossby Centre & FP7 EMBRACE Project Manager

*SMHI*/ *Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute*

Folkborgsvägen 1

SE - 601 76 NORRKÖPING

www.smhi.se <http://www.smhi.se/>

E-post / Email: eleanor.orourke at smhi.se <mailto:eleanor.orourke at smhi.se>