Tues. joint seminar at SISSA

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section CM at ICTP.IT
Fri Sep 14 11:38:17 CEST 2012

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 18 September -   11:00 a.m.

SISSA, Santorio Building,    Room 128 (1st Floor)

Marco PICCO   ( LPTHE, Paris )

"Long range interactions for the critical Ising model"

Abstract

In this talk I will report on recent results in the study of ferromagnetic long range interactions for the Ising model.  After recalling the classical results for this class of interactions, I will present results for a numerical study in two dimensions in the intermediate regime and the connection with the short range regime.  Next I will discuss the relevance of the long range interaction versus the short range interaction.  Finally, I will present a proposal for computing  the influence of the long-range interactions as a dimensional change for a short range model and compare with the results of the numerical simulations.