The ICTP's HPC appointments - NEWS

Visintin Sabrina sabrina at ictp.it
Fri Oct 12 11:42:44 CEST 2012

Dear all,

we remind you that the ICTP's HPC appointment started off last Tuesday and it is planned to be on-going until the end of the year.
Talks are weekly scheduled to be each Tuesday from 11:00a.m. to 12:00a.m. at the Euler Lecture Hall of the Leonardo Da Vinci Building in ICTP.
Possible program variations will be announced beforehand.

We also take the opportunity to inform you that the program of the next four sessions has been slightly re-defined (see below):

October 16, 2012 – 11AM – 12:15 Location: Leonardo Da Vinci Building, Euler Lecture Hall
Subject - speed-up, efficiency and scalability. Understanding how to perform efficient simulations on parallel architecture.
Analysis based on a practical example: PWscf code from the Quantum ESPRESSO package.

Speaker: Ivan Girotto
--
October 23, 2012 – 11AM – 12:15 Location: Leonardo Da Vinci Building, Euler Lecture Hall
Subject - Introduction to HPC, why do we care and what is it about.

Speaker: Axel Kohlmeyer
--
October 30, 2012 – 11AM – 12:15 Location: Leonardo Da Vinci Building, Euler Lecture Hall
Subject - HPC in particle physics: computational tasks in High Energy Physics. Overview

Speaker: David Grellscheid
--
November 6, 2012 – 11AM – 12:15 Location: Leonardo Da Vinci Building, Euler Lecture Hall
Subject: Axel will go through the most interesting experiences of his

Speaker: Axel Kohlmeyer
--

At the end of the month we will communicate the program for the remaining talks.

Regards,

   The Information and Communication Technology Section