NCG seminar

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Thu Nov 8 10:02:14 CET 2012

NONCOMMUTATIVE GEOMETRY SEMINAR

Dr. Simon Brain (University of Luxembourg)

TITLE: Gauge Theories from Spectral Triples in Noncommutative Geometry

ABSTRACT: Based on joint work with Bram Mesland and Walter van
Suijlekom, I will explain how spectral triples in noncommutative
geometry naturally give rise to gauge theories. Starting from a given
spectral triple, I will show how to derive from it a gauge group,
together with a set of gauge potentials equipped with a natural action
of the former. I will illustrate our construction in the special cases
of the gauge theory of some well known noncommutative principal fibre
bundles.

Monday 12 November 2012, 4:00 P.M.
SISSA Room 136

--