Mathematics Seminars next week

math math at ictp.it
Thu May 17 11:28:06 CEST 2012

MATHEMATICS SEMINARS - 2012

Tuesday, 22 May, at 14:30 hrs

Professor Ramesh Sreekantan
(Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore)

"Abelian surfaces, Kummer surfaces and the non-Archimedean
Hodge-D-conjecture"

Abstract:
In this talk we use generalizations of beautiful classical geometric
constructions  of Kummer and Humbert to construct  new higher Chow
cycles on Abelian surfaces, generalizing some work of Collino. These
cycles can be used to resolve a non-Archimedean version of the
Hodge-D-conjecture of Beilinson for Abelian surfaces.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, ICTP Leonardo Building, first floor.

***

Thursday, 24 May, at 15:00 hrs

Professor Balakrishnan Ramakrishnan
(Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad, India)

"On new forms of half-integral weight"

Abstract:
In this talk, we review the development of the theory of new forms
of half-integral weight.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, ICTP Leonardo Building, first floor.