Seminar on coming Thursday

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Fri May 11 08:41:56 CEST 2012

SEMINAR on   Disorder and strong electron correlations

 Thursday, 17 May -  11:30 a.m.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room,  Leonardo Building - first floor

Grigori ASTRAKHARCHIK    ( Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Barcelona)

"Dilute Bose gas in quasi-2D correlated random potentials"

Abstract

Laser speckles provide a unique possibility to create fully controlled two-dimensional disorder potentials for neutral atoms.  This type of disorder has exponential probability distribution and finite spatial  correlation length.  In this talk, I shall present our recent results on the superfluidity and Bose-Einstein condensation of interacting bosons in the presence of the laser speckles at zero temperature obtained using diffusion Monte Carlo method in continuum as well as Gross-Pitaevskii equation and Bogolubov theory.