High Energy Physics Seminars

rosanna at ictp.it rosanna at ictp.it
Mon Mar 12 16:41:16 CET 2012

*************************************
HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS SEMINARS:
*************************************

-----  Please note new title and abstract!!!! -----

TUESDAY, 13 MARCH,  16:30 a.m.
Luigi Stasi SEMINAR ROOM -  ICTP Leonardo Bldg.

Adam FALKOWSKI
(LPT, Orsay, France)

"Spinning the Higgs"

Abstract:
I will present an analysis of the 2011 LHC Higgs data in the context  of
an effective low-energy theory of the Higgs boson. The focus will be on
the 4-leptons and diphoton channels at the LHC and the  b-bar channel at
the Tevatron. Combining the available data in these channels, one can
  derive constraints on the effective theory parameters. These
constraints can then be mapped several simplified scenarios  of natural
new physics  capturing the Higgs physics of simple  supersymmetric and
composite Higgs models.  I will also discuss the phenomenological
  consequences of the assumption that the Higgs couplings to the
electroweak gauge bosons is larger than in the Standard Model. The
latter may be hinted at by the CMS diphoton channel excess in the dijet
category, and by the Tevatron excess in the W/Z+H -> b-bar channel.