Joint ICTP/SISSA STAT_PHYS Seminar on 31 January 2012

ivanisse ivanisse at ictp.it
Wed Jan 25 13:01:18 CET 2012

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 31 January 2012  -   11:30 a.m.

SISSA, Santorio Building, Room 128

Paulo Eduardo Conçalves de Assis (SISSA)

" Higher level Integrals of Motion from ODEs in the complex plane "

Abstract

In this talk I will revise the basic ideas underlying a powerful
correspondence between integrable models and ordinary differential
equations (or IM/ODE correspondence, for short). This spectral
equivalence played an important role in the study of PT-symmetry,
providing rigorous proofs about the spectra of an important class of
non-Hermitian Hamiltonians based on known integrable results. My
intention is to make progress in the opposite direction, namely to
extract information about integrable systems by using differential
equations. The comparison between the eigenvalues of the ODEs and the
spectral parameters in certain Quantum Integrable Models is considerably
well understood for the vacuum state of the latter. For excited states,
however, results are only known for the problem with su(2) symmetry.
Here I will show this can be extended to the su(2|1) super-symmetric
problem in order to establish the exact correspondence also for excited
states.