Sissa geometry seminars - talk by I. Mencattini

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Tue Jan 24 08:29:22 CET 2012

===========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
===========================

Professor Igor Mencattini (USP-ICMC, São Carlos, Brazil)
will give two lectures on

CLUSTER ALGEBRAS

on Thursday, January 26, at 2:30 pm in Room 137,
and Firday, January 27, at 16:00 in Room 136.

Abstract: I will give a brief and elementary introduction to the theory of
Cluster Algebras introduced by Fomin and Zelevinsky.
In the first part, after giving basic definitions and explained some
examples I will discuss, in some details, the case of the so called
Cluster algebras of finite type.
In the second part I will make some connections between Cluster algebras
and Poisson geometry.