talk by O. Serman - correction

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Tue Jan 17 08:33:34 CET 2012

Please note that the talk by O. Serman will take place
in room 137, and not 136 as erroneously announced.

U. Bruzzo

==========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS

Dr Oliver Serman from Université de Lille I
will give a talk on

Singularities of moduli spaces of principal bundles on curves

on Thursday, January 19, at 2:30 pm in Room 137 (SISSA Building A).

Abstract: Moduli spaces of principal bundles on curves carry a very rich
geometry. In this talk I will focus on the singularities of these varieties.
I will show how local factoriality of GIT quotients can be used to give a
description of their singular locus, and then compute the fundamental
group of the smooth locus of these moduli spaces.