STAT PHYS Seminar on 7 February 2012

ivanisse ivanisse at ictp.it
Fri Feb 3 13:15:42 CET 2012

SPECIAL SEMINAR IN STATISTICAL PHYSICS

Tuesday, 7 February 2012  -   14:00 a.m.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room - Leonardo Bldg. - 1st floor

Maria Chiara Angelini (Università La Sapienza, Roma)

" Ensemble Renormalization Group for Disordered Systems "

Abstract:

We study a Renormalization Group transformation that can be used also
for models with quenched disorder, like spin glasses. The method is
based on a mapping between disorder distributions, chosen such as to
keep some physical properties (e.g. the ratio of correlations) invariant
under the transformation. We validate this Ensemble Renormalization
Group by applying it to the hierarchical model (both the diluted
ferromagnetic version and the spin glass version), finding results in
agreement with Monte Carlo simulations.