Friday, associate's talk

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Wed Aug 22 12:49:06 CEST 2012

Condensed Matter Physics Associates’ Meeting

"Magnetocaloric effect in Suzuki models"

Speaker:  Vadim OHANYAN
(Yerevan State University, Armenia)

Time: 13:00 hours

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (first floor, Leonardo Building)

Date: Friday, 24 August 2012

Abstract

We consider the magnetocaloric effect in the exactly solvable XX-chain with additional three-spin interaction of XZX+YZY and XZY-YZX type.  This is the simplest chain in the series of Suzuki models with multi-site interactions which can be mapped to the spinless free fermions via Jordan-Wigner transformation. We present the plots of isentropes and cooling rate dependence of the magnetic field clarifying effect of XZX+YZY and XZY+YZX terms on the quantum critical properties and physics of magnetocaloric effect.  Special attention has been paid to the comparison of cooling efficiency around quantum critical point (QCP) and quantum tricritical points (QTP).  The universal features of the relative enhancement of the MCE in QTP with respect to QCP have been demonstrated.  Some features of the magnetocaloric effect in other Suzuki models are also discussed.

ALL ARE WELCOME