geometry/math phys talks at SISSA

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Thu Sep 15 17:54:33 CEST 2011

=====================================
SISSA GEOMETRY/MATH PHYS SEMINARS
=====================================

The talk by Fabrizio Catanese has been rescheduled at 4 pm on the same day (September 20). Here is the updated announcement.

Fabrizio Catanese (Bayreuth)

New results on uniformization by symmetric bounded domains and on varieties quotient of  these

Tuesday, September 20, 4:00 pm

Abstract: I will report on new results and problems stemming from joint work with M. Franciosi (on the characterizations we gave of surfaces whose universal cover is a product of curves) and from   joint work and work in progress with Antonio Di Scala. This work  gives the characterization of varieties whose universal cover is a polydisk, respectively  a bounded symmetric domain of tube type.