talk by D. Markushevich

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Thu Sep 1 09:06:42 CEST 2011

=========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
=========================

Professor Dimitri Markushevich (Université de Lille I)
will give a talk on

Holomorphically symplectic fourfolds associated to a marked Enriques surface

on Wednesday, September 7, at 2:30 pm in Room 136 (SISSA
Building A, first floor).

Abstract: To a marked Enriques surface, one can associate two hypersurfaces of dimension 4: an Eisenbud-Popescu-Walter sextic and a cubic. Each of them gives rise to a holomorphically symplectic fourfold. For the EPW sextic, this is a canonical double covering ramified in codimension 2, and for the cubic its Fano scheme parametrizing lines on it. In the talk, I will present some results on the study of these symplectic fourfolds. This is a joint work with I. Dolgachev.