SEMINAR @ SISSA, SBP, prof. G. G. Tartaglia - Oct. 18, at 10.00 hrs.

Barbara Corzani corzani at sissa.it
Wed Oct 12 14:42:24 CEST 2011

STATISTICAL AND BIOLOGICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Prof. Gian Gaetano Tartaglia

(CRG Barcelona)

Title:

"Towards quantitative prediction in cell biology".

Tuesday Oct. 18, 2011 @ 10.00 a.m.

SISSA - Ground floor - room 005

We have recently developed a powerful algorithm to predict protein-RNA associations

that we validate using a series of assays including immunoprecipitation of

protein-RNA complexes. At the same time, we work on the prediction of interactomes

of amyloid fibrils in the cellular context and develop models for calculating aggregation

rate and the interaction  potential with molecular chaperones. A series of bioinformatics

tools to predict toxicity under a variety of experimental conditions will be presented."