Dynamical Systems Seminar, Thursday 13 October

math math at ictp.it
Tue Oct 11 15:38:52 CEST 2011

DYNAMICAL  SYSTEMS  SEMINARS  -  2011

Thursday, 13 October, at 15:00 hrs.

Professor Maria Jose Pacifico
(Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

"Decay of correlations for fiber contracting maps"

Abstract:
We shall discuss a class of fiber contracting maps on the square that
contains the first return map of a Lorenz-like flow. We prove that this
class of maps has exponential decay of correlations. We apply this
result to get a log law for the hitting time associated of a Lorenz-like
flow.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room
(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)