seminar at Math. Dept.

logar at units.it logar at units.it
Fri Nov 25 10:55:21 CET 2011

UNIVERSITY OF TRIESTE
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE

SEMINAR

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, at 2.30 p.m.

Asia Rauf
visiting fellow at the ICTP

Title: THE STABLE SET OF ASSOCIATED PRIME IDEALS OF A POLYMATROIDAL IDEAL
Abstract: Let I be an ideal in a Noetherian ring R. It is customary to denote
by Ass(I) the set of associated prime ideals of R/I. Brodmann showed that
Ass(I^k ) = Ass(I^{k+1}) for k big enough . One calls the smallest number
k_0 for which this happens the index of stability and Ass(I^{k0}) is
called the stable set of associated prime ideals of I. Several natural
questions arise in the context of Brodmann?s theorem. We will discuss
the associated prime ideals of powers of polymatroidal ideals, including
the stable set of associated prime ideals of this class of ideals. It is
shown that polymatroidal ideals have the persistence property and for
transversal polymatroids and polymatroidal ideals of Veronese type the
index of stability and the stable set of associated ideals is determined
explicitly.

Venue: Seminar Room of the Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science
(H2 building, Via Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor).

Everybody interested is much welcome to attend.

--

Prof. Alessandro Logar

Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica
Universita' di Trieste
Via Valerio 12/1
34127 Trieste, Italia